Ali E. Abbas
Expert on Decision and Risk Analysis, Author, Professor of Engineering
Ali E. Abbas is committed to sharing his expertise in decision-making with others.
Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering and Public Policy at the University of Southern California, Ali has written several books, including Foundations of Decision Analysis, co-authored with Ronald A. Howard.
He has received multiple awards from the National Science Foundation for his work on decision analysis, risk analysis, multi-attribute utility theory, and data-based decision making. Additionally, he has served on several advisory boards, including the Decision Education Foundation, where he taught decision skills to at-risk youth at juvenile detention centers. He also founded the decision-making social network Ahoona Corp., which spreads decision-making tools around the world and has several thousand users.
Ali brings to the Alliance a multifaceted understanding of decision-making and a dedication to sharing that understanding with others, particularly young people.
“The earlier you learn decision skills, the more impact the learning will have on your life and the easier it will be for good decision skills to become second nature. I have been passionate about spreading decision skills to youth for a very long time.”
- USC Viterbi School of Engineering and the USC Price School of Public Policy at the University of Southern California: Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering, and Public Policy
- The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: Former Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Ahoona Corp: Founder, President, CEO
- Operations Research, Decision Analysis, Decision, and Entropy Journals: Editorial Board Member
- Multiple awards from the National Science Foundation, including:
- CAREER Award
- Innovation Corps awards
- EArly-concept Grant for Exploratory Research (EAGER)
- Foundations of Decision Analysis, Co-Authored with Ronald A. Howard
- Improving Homeland Security Decisions, Co-Authored with Milind Tambe and Detlof von Winterfeldt
- Foundations of Multiattribute Utility
- Next-Generation Ethics: Engineering a Better Society
- Widely published in journals and conference publications
- Stanford University, Master’s Degrees, Ph.D., and Ph.D. minor
STAY INFORMED: JOIN OUR MAILING LIST!
We will send you occasional updates on the organization. Your information will not be sold or otherwise distributed.