About the Decision Education Teacher Fellowship
The Decision Education Teacher Fellowship brings together teachers from across the country to learn about Decision Education and implement new practices and activities with their students throughout the school year.
Decision Education Teacher Fellows help expand the field of Decision Education through their own continued learning, collaboration, and amplification of the importance of teaching students decision-making skills.
In addition to a $5,000 stipend, Teacher Fellows also become part of a professional learning community of educators who are excited to learn about Decision Education, feel passionate about its inclusion in schools, and want to help us study its impact on students.
The year-long Level 1 Fellowship is organized into five learning cycles. Each cycle, Teacher Fellows take a deep dive into different Decision Education topics and Domains, with opportunities to learn, collaborate, teach, and reflect. While everyone’s experience is slightly different, Level 1 Teacher Fellows dedicate approximately 4-6 hours each month on their Fellowship experience.
What Do Level 1 Teacher Fellows do?
- Receive a $5,000 stipend paid over the course of the school year.
- Attend a three-day, in-person Orientation from August 2-4, 2023 in Philadelphia (Travel and accommodation paid for by the Alliance).
- Meet remotely (via Zoom) ten times over the course of the year on select Thursdays from 5-7pm ET (see calendar of Fellowship Meeting Dates below).
- Meet remotely in small groups (via Zoom) twice over the course of the year, scheduled in collaboration with other Teacher Fellows.
- Work asynchronously to complete self-paced coursework each Cycle.
- Implement Alliance-provided lessons and activities with their students each Cycle.
- Write reflections and share student work samples, to help others understand the student experience.
- Complete the Level 1 Culminating Project: Maintain and submit a digital Decision Education Journal—a combination of free-writing and prompted responses.
You are eligible to apply for the Level 1 Fellowship if, in the fall of 2023, you fulfill all of the following requirements:
- You will be a middle or high school teacher in a US-based district, charter, or independent school and teach a core subject for at least 50% of your schedule (you may have administrative, coaching, or leadership responsibilities, as well).
- You have not participated in a Decision Education Fellowship in the past two years.
- You will be starting, at a minimum, your third year of full-time teaching.
- You are able to attend a three-day, in-person Orientation from August 2-4, 2023 in Philadelphia (The Alliance will pay for your travel and accommodation).
Teacher Fellows Criteria
- Professional Growth: Teachers seek to learn about Decision Education—both for themselves, as well as for their students.
- Teaching Practice: Teachers seek to apply their knowledge of Decision Education to their classroom practice with students.
- School Community: Teachers have the freedom to implement new classroom activities and lessons with their students throughout the year.
- Fellowship Community: Teachers seek to be part of a professional community, sharing their experience and expertise; and exploring areas of growth with other Teacher Fellows in their cohort.
- Review our website to learn more about Decision Education and the Fellowship requirements.
- Submit your application.
- Send your Supervisor (Principal, Head Master, Department Head, etc.) the link to the Endorsement form for your participation.
- The Alliance will review applications, ensure endorsements have been received, and then notify all applicants no later than June 14, 2023.
Stay informed and join our mailing list
We will send you occasional updates on the organization. Your information will not be sold or otherwise distributed.