Human Resources Manager
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Human Resources (HR) Manager will plan, manage, and coordinate all human resources functions for the organization, including compensation/benefits, personnel policies, training and professional development, and team culture. A new position in the organization, the HR Manager will work to optimize the recruitment, development, and retention of team members and ensure that HR policies are consistently administered and aligned with organizational values, professional standards, and relevant laws.
- Manage payroll process, including inputting new employees into the payroll system and ensuring accurate and timely payroll
- Evaluate and implement a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, 401k, disability insurance, workers’ compensation, and PTO
- Coordinate all benefits, including adding new employees, claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness
- Establish guidelines and a review process for compensation, promotions, and job titles
- Personnel Policies
- Develop, update, and administer HR policies and procedures for all organization personnel
- Maintain employee handbook and other similar documents and manage revisions as necessary
- Manage the performance evaluation process
- Handle employee relations matters, including staff conflicts, complaints, reporting, and investigations
- Collaborate with senior leaders on evaluating and updating organizational structure
- Establish and maintain HR records and reports, including employee files
- Conduct exit interviews and make recommendations for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Training, Professional Development, and Team Culture
- Manage employee onboarding, including new employee orientations
- Run other team trainings and workshops based on best practices
- Lead staff professional development, including trainings, career pathing, coaching, succession planning, and counseling
- Coordinate internal events and other initiatives to establish and improve team culture, including team building and increasing camaraderie and connection
- Implement initiatives to integrate team culture, values, and norms in team members’ work
- Coordinate aspects of the recruiting process, potentially including drafting job descriptions, posting jobs, working with executive recruiters, structuring interview and candidate evaluation processes, and scheduling and preparing materials for interviews
The Alliance for Decision Education is seeking a knowledgeable, experienced, and talented HR Manager. As the only HR staff member, the HR Manager must be able to juggle the multiple responsibilities outlined above and other related responsibilities that may arise.
Qualifications of an ideal candidate include:
- At least three to five years of HR experience
- Working knowledge of HR best practices and compliance with relevant laws
- Experience with employee recruitment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and anticipate staff needs
- Responsible and conscientious, with outstanding organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently
- Ability and willingness to be flexible, adapt, and “wear many hats”
- Gracious professionalism and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive issues professionally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in conflict resolution
- Experience or interest in education, cognitive science, and/or nonprofits is a plus
Please email your resume and a cover letter (stating minimum salary requirements and where you learned about the job opportunity) to email@example.com by December 15, 2020.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The Alliance for Decision Education is an equal opportunity employer.
STAY INFORMED: JOIN OUR MAILING LIST!
We will send you occasional updates on the organization. Your information will not be sold or otherwise distributed.