Writer and Content Manager
The Writer and Content Manager will report to and work closely with the Director of Communications to develop and help execute a robust content-creation plan aimed at building Alliance brand equity, thought leadership, and audience engagement.
The position will be remote initially, but we would strongly prefer that the Writer and Content Manager mainly work from the Alliance office in Bala Cynwyd, PA, once the organization deems it safe to return to the office. That said, we will consider long-term remote work for exceptional candidates. Occasional travel may be expected once it is deemed safe.
- Work strategically with staff members in other departments, such as Education, Community and Partnerships, and Development, to create content that would both support and amplify their work
- Be an idea generator, coming up with new ways of sharing the Alliance story to grow engagement by tapping into and forming partnerships, leveraging new platforms or tools, and sharing content with new audiences
- Work with a team of other Alliance staff members on the strategic redesign of the organization’s website with an eye toward modernization of content and engagement
- Content Creation
- Serve as the prime creator of website content – written and visual
- Serve as the lead writer for Alliance-generated blogs, working with the social media team and other internal and external partners to develop ideas aimed at growing Alliance audience engagement
- Develop content aimed at educating and engaging key audiences, including teachers, parents, business leaders, academics, and researchers
- Support the social media team on developing new content and content ideas
- Support the art director on content development of videos, posters, marketing materials, etc.
- Stay abreast of external developments in areas related to Decision Science and Decision Education, and translate into ways to amplify our work or build our role as a thought leader
- Translate research materials into content that is understandable and impactful to Alliance audiences
- 10-12 years professional writing experience
- Proven track record of writing for a range of audiences
- Experience writing web copy, brochures, blogs, white papers, and social media posts; experience writing internal communications and development content is preferred
- Experience working in a dynamic environment
- Experience or interest in education and/or cognitive science is a plus
- Specific Skills
- Master communicator, story-teller, and brand ambassador
- Exceptional writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate complex subjects into accurate, engaging copy, including through topic-based interviews
- Affinity for leveraging varied platforms, techniques, and methods to drive message engagement and understanding
- General Attributes
- Strategic thinker with strong execution skills
- Responsible and conscientious, with solid attention to detail
- Ability to work across departments and serve as a bridge between all
- High level of collaboration, energy, positivity, and self-direction
- Self-starter with the imagination and ability to initiate and innovate
- Ability to work at the Executive and Board level
- Excellent team member with a passion for the mission and the success of the organization; willingness to lean into work even if stretched beyond communications and content to support a small but growing team
Please email your resume, cover letter (stating minimum salary requirements and where you learned about the job opportunity), and four writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2021.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Alliance employees receive a comprehensive benefits package (including health and dental insurance completely covered for you and your family, a 401k with up to 5% match, and long term disability insurance), generous paid time off and sick-time policies, a laptop, and other tools and resources to help employees do their best work.
STAY INFORMED: JOIN OUR MAILING LIST!
We will send you occasional updates on the organization. Your information will not be sold or otherwise distributed.